Worthington will preserve what makes Worthington “Worthington”: Its engaged, passionate, civic-minded and educated people.
There is something about Worthington. You recognize it immediately as you walk, bike or drive through Worthington, its Village Green or its Neighborhoods or as you talk to residents out enjoying their community. People love to live here and feel it relates to the people, the neighborhoods, the family-friendly atmosphere, historic past, small town near a big city, various events and many community organizations. This must be balanced with the desire to be forward-thinking and adjust to the changes in today’s society.
- Public input attendees used adjectives to describe those who lived here as easy going, not pretentious, family focus, environmentally conscious, welcoming, inclusive.
- Public survey respondents (40%) stated the second highest ranked #1 reason they live here is community feel.
- We need to think in terms of what we can accomplish together as a team.
- How do we balance this community feel and retain it, while being forward thinking and adjusting to changes in the economy?
- As a Worthingtonian, what is your “big idea” for the future of Worthington, 10-20 years out?
- Would you be willing to join a committee to volunteer your time to assist in creating the government framework necessary to achieve these visions?
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Public input process has concluded