Worthington will work to encourage diverse populations (in regards to age, race, income, religion, and lifestyle) to call Worthington home.
Diversity has been mentioned in just about every conversation we have had from interviews, the SOAR Analysis, Vision Worthington Website, the Focus Groups and the Public Survey. It seems the overwhelming majority of residents want to be inclusive and welcome diverse populations.
- The Worthington population has a median age of 43.3 (one of the highest in Franklin Co) and 25% are 65 and older (vs 15% for similar communities).
- 93% are white only as compared to 91% or similar communities and 81% for adjacent communities.
- Public participants stated that they want to see more diversity and more interaction among the different populations within the City.
- 42% of respondents felt being inclusive is an important future characteristic of Worthington.
- Do you agree that Worthington should have an established goal of becoming more diverse?
- What are your suggestions for making Worthington a more diverse City?
- How will you know when we have reached the goal of making the City more diverse?
- Do you think there is a relationship between lack of diversity and lack of housing options in Worthington?
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Public input process has concluded